2012/04/05

Interview:Etsy NL

so, here comes the interview I've done with my beloved Etsy
訪問Etsy的荷蘭分部的community manager-Marta
a bit of picture first,
and then the detailed interview, 
enjoy!!!
先來一些之前參加的好多好多的workshop的照片
然後再來就是詳細的訪問!
 

 this is Marta, 
Etsy NL community manager, 
all the workshops are organized by her!
and she's also the person who I interviewed with


this was action weaver in Rotterdam


 and this was "making your book" workshop in Eindhoven during Dutch Design Week.







so, the interview is as follow,

Could you tell us briefly about Etsy?
Etsy is the world’s handmade marketplace.
Our mission is to empower people to change the way the global economy works. We see a world in which very-very small businesses have much-much more sway in shaping the economy, local living economies are thriving everywhere, and people value authorship and provenance as much as price and convenience. We are bringing heart to commerce and making the world more fair, more sustainable, and more fun.

How did Etsy NL join the Etsy family?
This happened because there was a very active Dutch Etsy community and since the community is at Etsy’s heart it was a logical step.

How do you organize the workshops?
This happens quite organically. Sometimes people from the community offer a space and a craft. Sometimes the time of the year asks for a specific lab and sometimes we are part of a bigger event where the lab becomes part of.

How do you attract people to join the workshops?
I’m very surprised that normally we don’t have to do a lot. People just enjoy making things and meeting other creative people. So the trick is to reach these people and then the ball starts rolling.

Are you also a designer/maker on Etsy? What do you make?
Yes, I’m a knitter! I make knitted laptop sleeves (and some jewelry)

What’s your inspiration in daily life?
A lot, but generally things that make me think in a different way than I did before.

What’s your favorite time of the day?
The late morning I think. I’m not an early bird, but I like the beginning of the day!

What is your favorite place in the city you live in?
I live in Leiden in the Netherlands and I actually must say it’s the place where my house stands. I live on the biggest canal in the city and it’s really beautiful with all the old houses across our house.

What do you need around you while you’re working?
Definitely coffee! And then I don’t need much besides my mac.

What is most important to you?
My family (which is small).

How do you relax?
By traveling.

Are you happy with what you’re doing now? If you’re not working at Etsy, what would you picture yourself doing?
Yes I’m very happy with my work. Every day is different and exciting. There are so many great initiatives that happen in this handmade creative world. If I wasn’t working for Etsy I would maybe start my own business and one day live in a little farmhouse J 

No comments:

Post a Comment